CMS to Resume Surveys
Published on Apr 05, 2021
CMS Memorandum - CMS has lifted the suspension on hospital surveys
On March 26, CMS announced that they will be resuming hospital surveys. The Memorandum, highlights the new plans for CMS visits to.
- Any hospital that had a suspended 30-day survey scheduled
- Any new hospital complaints that CMS received since January 20, 2021.
- Any hospitals that were under plans of correction related to deficiencies.
- Any desk reviews related to open surveys for noncompliance.
- Any open enforcement cases to ensure compliance is being adhered to.
If your hospital falls into these general categories, it is a good time to remember how to be prepared for a visit. Please remember to breathe, and then utilize this time to learn from your mistakes to turn them into successes.