Phoenix Medical Management, Inc. Outcome Model
Contemporary Hospital Case Management
Changes in the marketplace must drive changes in the hospital's care management program. Contemporary outcome models include best practices that work in FFS and value based care environments.
Hospital case management is undergoing dramatic transformation from a compilation of activities typically found under the case management department to care coordination programs and the application of care coordination and population health principles as the patient journeys through the continuum of care. In keeping with the marketplace shift from volume to value based care, case management programs must generate sustainable outcomes by pro-actively orchestrating progression-of-care in collaboration with the physician and healthcare team. These outcomes can be measured to demonstrate success.
- Seamless progression-of-care
- Improve delivery of care processes
- Orchestrate team support for safety and quality
- Promote safe transitions-of-care
- Influence responsible use of resources
- Reduce risk, fragmentation and inefficiencies
- Pro-actively advocate for patients
- Channel selected patient to Transitional Care programs for short term monitoring in the community
The degree to which measurable goals are attained rather than the completion of tasks is the strategic intent of any venue of care management practice and it is the heart of successful hospital care management practice